What People Think About the Movie “IT”
Posted 2017-09-28 18:24:51
- I'm writing this not so much as a critic but as an ordinary moviegoer, experiencing Proustian transport via an old-fashioned scary movie executed by a team of filmmakers and actors at the top of their game.
- It is [a] study in trauma to match the best of them.
- It's such a great performance that you wish Muschietti had eased up on the CGI and just let Skarsgård do the talking.
- This is Beverly Marsh's story; she ties the group together in strength and danger.
- It's well-executed, marvelously acted, and has a few scary sequences. It also has just as many that are not, as well as a wobbly command of tone and trouble sustaining its own momentum.
- Creepy and yet emotionally resonant, It is a disturbing reboot of a scary '80s film character.
- It gets the "Losers Club" right, and this eclectic little group more than compensates for the movie's shortcomings.
- What we're left with is a solid but relatively conventional horror movie, above average but overlong.
- The movie is not terrifying but blandly edifying; its scares, foreshadowed as if by telegram, are delivered less effectively than its life lessons.
- Doesn't cut very deep and isn't very scary.
- Muschietti single-mindedly lurches from monotonous clown demon jump-scare sequence to monotonous clown demon jump-scare sequence, lazily relying on ear-splitting soundtrack spikes to provide most of the "horror."